This weekend will be the 16th annual Big Beers, Belgians and Barleywine Festival. Last year we had such a great time, but felt that a part of our participation was lacking. We think we found a way for you to follow us on our exploits and contribute your own as well!
We’ve teamed up with Sam Sly at Beer n’ Loathing and, with our powers combined Captain Planet-style, created a social media scavenger hunt game that lives up to the epic-nature of the Big Beers festival. FotB and BnL will be participating in a friendly competition, and we are inviting everyone (cough Tristan, cough Cory, cough Mark) to join us! The rules are pretty simple:
- You can participate on the three main social media outlets – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- You must post a picture or video of the scavenged item for it to be considered for a point.
- Tag your picture using the hashtag #BigBeersHunt2016 on Twitter and Instagram
- Post your picture in the comments section of a post we will be making in the Big Beers, Belgians and Barleywines Facebook group (sorry, comments don’t support video)
- We’ll only score each item once, so no racking up points on a million Cicerone pins!
- Follow along and give people some shit during the game!
All of the items will be separated into point categories (below) and will be used to figure out a final score and declare a winner. Prizes may include some FotB or BnL Swag if we deem the winners worthy. Bonus points will be given to anyone who gets a member of the FotB and BnL crew in a picture and tag them.
Here are the point categories:
Beer under 7%
Someone wearing sandals (bonus points if with socks)
Someone wearing physical beer goggles
Selfie with Seminar presenters
Any sort of ‘vertical’ tasting available (3+ years/bottles…extra point for any bottle/year over 3)
Beer aged over 10 years
person passed out in public
Line for Men’s/No line for women’s Restroom
Brewery owned by Budweiser
Selfie with Laura Lodge
Beer = Salad shirt
Homebrew Comp Winner
“Beer” shirt with the picture of a bear with antlers
All items above. We bow to you and your ultimate power.
So if you’re at the festival, play along and prepare to be slaughtered by our scavenging prowess. We’ll be sharing some of our favorite posts along the way and making sure to talk some smack since this is officially war, and warfare is like, 90% mental according to Beer n’ Loathing’s Sam. Good luck!