Meet the Brewer: Renegade Brewing
August 8th / 7pm / Pay Per Pint
Front Range BBQ / 2330 W. Colorado Ave., Colorado Springs
We’re very happy to bring Renegade Brewing to Colorado Springs to introduce you all to this relatively new Denver brewery. They like to create big, fun, and crazy beers that don’t conform to style guidelines. In less than two short years, Renegade has made a big hit in Denver, and they’ve already opened up a second public house. The beers we’ll see on August 8th at Front Range BBQ will be a pretty radical display of what Renegade is capable of, with a Russian Imperial Stout, an 11.2% 3IPA an easy drinking 5% Blonde Ale and more!
We’re also really happy to announce that Renegade is sending us their new head brewer, Ali Benetka. Ali got into homebrewing in college and knew she wanted to pursue a career in brewing after taking a course in microbiology. She is one of two female head brewers in the state of Colorado. She’s a Colorado Native who loves the science of brewing as well as the creativity. She started as Renegade’s assistant brewer and has been the head brewer since May, 2013.
Beers for this event:
- 5:00 Afternoon Ale / It’s 5:00 somewhere. This is beer is light in flavor, easy drinking, and the perfect way to kick back no matter what time of day. 5% abv
- Redacted Rye IPA / Rye adds flavor and complexity to compliment this citrusy IPA. With 20% rye, Redacted has a hint of black pepper to balance Cascade, Nugget, and Columbus hops. 7% abv / 60 IBU
- Una Mas Poblano Mexican Amber / Poblano peppers are seeded and roasted in this full-bodied amber creating a fresh Poblano pepper flavor with no heat. 6% abv
- Elevation Triple IPA / A beautifully balanced but super strong IPA with 100% summit hops. 11.2% abv / 100+ IBU
- Hammer and Sickle Russian Imperial Stout / Rich stout filled with flavors of dark chocolate and coffee with a dry finish. 9% abv
- TBA Wheat Wine / This beer is made in the style of a barley wine and infused with coffee berries provided by Novo Coffee Roasters of Denver. (The name isn’t really TBA, we actually haven’t named it or put it on tap yet!).