1. TRiNiTY Brewing – Black Porter for Black Friday
November 26th: Chilly Water Baltic Porter Release
What isn’t always known about Baltic Porter’s is that the style is not an ale, it’s made with a bottom-fermenting lager yeast. Not very many breweries in the United States make this style, in fact the only popular ones that I can think of include the Alaskan Brewing (I’m not sure if this is a lager though) and Great Divide Baltic Porter. Typically these beers are brewed stronger with higher IBU’s but the bitter hop quality is less present than you might expect.
These beers also have a higher degree of complexity than their porter-families, often with some smokiness present, aromas and flavors can include dark fruits, chocolate, and more.
At 8.5% the Trinity beer is going to be pretty hearty. Trinity has aged the beer on rare Mexican wood known as Cauchalalate, which I’ve never tried and am very excited to taste. Trinity says, “This wood imparts a certain dryness accompanied by chocolate and coffee flavors. We think it’s the perfect match for the style, and we know you will agree!”
2. Black Fox and TRiNiTY Saison Beer Dinner & Double Rainbow Beer Release
December 5th, 8pm – 6 courses / 6 beers / $65
Call 719-634-0029 go to the pub for tickets
Black Fox and Trinity have collaborated to make a beer based off that crazy Double Rainbow video everyone has watched on Youtube. You may have heard a little about the beer, but it will be released at their collaborative beer dinner.
The Double Rainbow beer will also be available after the dinner in limited quantity. The beer was made inspired by each color of the rainbow…twice. The ingredients include:
Red: saffron and rose hips
Orange: pumpkin and tangerine zest
Yellow: turmeric and honey;
Green: green peppercorns and parsley
Blue: blue corn and agave nectar
Purple: purple barley and raisened Shiraz or Syrah varietal grapes
Here’s a look at the collaborative dinner:
– Farmhouse Cafe Blanc / Panko and White Coffee Crusted Ahi Tuna on Forbidden Rice with a Miso Foam.
– Don’t Call Me Wit / Fennel and Frisee Salad with Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Pickled Pumpkin, Basil, and a Citrus Dressing.
– Farmhouse Peche Noir / Curry Cold-Smoked Peach and Butternut Squash Soup.
– La Noche Del Diablo / Spicy Teriyaki Duck Breast on Vinegar Glazed Stir Fry.
– Emma’s Coffin Pumpkin Ale / Grilled Kaributa on Garam Masala Pumpkin Mash with Micro Greens Tossed in a Coconut Raisin Dressing.
– Double Rainbow / Deconstructed Reconstructed Rainbow Sherbet.